Thursday, May 29, 2014

Silver Birch Award Winner: Record Breaker

This year, I read all of the nominees for the Silver Birch fiction award. They are all middle grade novels. Kids vote on their favourite and there's a big celebration in May. Here's a list of the nominees for this year:

 Ultra by David Carroll

Record Breaker by Robin Stevenson

Eldritch Manor by Kim Thompson

The Metro Dogs of Moscow by Rachelle Delaney

Nobody's Dog by Ria Voros

Neil Flambe and the Tokyo Treasure by Kevin Sylvester

Curse of the Dream Witch by Allan Stratton

The Hypnotists by Gordon Korman

Yesterday's Dead by Pat Bourke

The Awesome, Almost 100% True Adventures of Matt & Craz by Alan Silberberg

My top two favourites were:






 And by popular vote, here's the winner:

The 2014 Silver Birch Fiction Award® Winner
Record Breaker
Robin Stevenson




Wow! How exciting! I really enjoyed this one too. It was short and a touching and emotional story. If you'd like to read my thoughts on this book, check out my Marvelous Middle Grade Monday post on Record Breaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).