Friday, July 22, 2011

Cool Blog Quotes

I don't know if you've noticed, but I have a page (and usually a spot on my sidebar) for Cool Blog Quotes. When I'm cruising around reading blogs, I sometimes find something that sticks in my head, either as a great piece of writing advice, or just something that inspires me to do better.

Here's a great one I found recently:

"...we need to surprise the reader. We need to make them see the moon in a different way, from a different angle, so that it will mean something to them again, so it won't just be background. In a way, we have to trick readers into really seeing the moon again."

Jeff Hirsch, Writing Tips: Seeing the Moon for the First Time, The League of Extraordinary Writers, July 20, 2011.

5 comments:

  1. Cool quotes. I try to keep a quote at the top of my blog and change it from time to time. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! What a way to collect good writing gems and keep track of them. I'll be checking in to see what new ones you add :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that quote. Most advice tells us to do something new, but not in such a new and eloquent way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS great! Love it. Let's all get out there and look at something and describe it in a new way. Rah! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. B.E., I wanted to find a gadget I could use to rotate the quotes from time to time in my sidebar, but I can't find one that will allow me to use my own list of quotes (or maybe it's just beyond my very limited computer skills).

    Kenda, I often read interesting stuff on other people's blogs that inspires me.

    Carol and Theresa, yes, I like Jeff's way of phrasing it. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).