Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My 20th Great Read

20. Weedflower by Cynthia Kadohata

Although I don't always like reading historical novels, I really enjoyed this book. As well as opening up my mind to a part of history I'm not all that familiar with (I love learning new things from books!), I admired the writing style, and the way the author conveys so much information and emotion with a few carefully chosen words.

It reminds me once again how complex the challenge of writing a really good book can be, as I struggle to fill in a gap in the plot of my own novel, and think longingly of the day when I reach the point of obsessing over choosing just the right word.

2 comments:

  1. This was a good book. Challenging to write! I just finished Savvy, very good. Now I'm reading Bound, a Chinese style retelling of the Cinderella story. It's good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll have to look for that one, Christy. Sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).