Sunday, February 14, 2010

Loved This Book!

15. Evolution, Me & Other Freaks of Nature by Robin Brande

Wow - this is a book that really stands out in a crowd. Exactly the kind of story I like to read, with a little thinking required, written without any excess words and a good sense of humor.

Paying attention to what I read is making me more aware of themes that resonate with me, as well as the styles of writing that I prefer. I'm a bit of a "no nonsense" reader, and I don't like to read a lot of excess description. I suppose that's one of the reasons why I enjoy reading MG and YA books.

2 comments:

  1. A recommendation: Crazy Beautiful by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. My daughters and I and a few of their friends have passed this book around and really enjoyed it. It's a modern day Beauty and the Beast tale.

    I've been wanting to find Honk if You Hate Me by Deborah Halverson, too. Sounds like a great book. I met Deborah at a conference a few years ago and she is a fun lady!

    Glad you stopped by What Women Write last week.

    Hope you make your reading goal -- sounds like you've got a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations, Julie! I'll definitely look for those ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).