Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Every Soul a Star

8. Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass

The title of this book by Wendy Mass is fantastic - it speaks to me about the uniqueness of individuals and how everyone has something they are good at. I really enjoyed this book and will someday love to read it again, because there were so many layers in it.

Since my own work-in-progress has alternating points of view, I was interested in how she moved the story forward through the perspectives of three different characters. Sometimes, the reader sees the same situation from the perspectives of different characters, which I thought was really cool. And I loved the characters' different interests and personalities. The only thing that bugged me about this story was that the parents seemed insensitive to the needs of their kids at the beginning (possibly a plot device?) but that's probably just coming from me being a parent, and might not bother younger readers.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on starting your own blog! I know it's a big step.

    I left a gift at my blog for you, that hopefully will help you find new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I bought this book at my school's last book fair and still haven't read it. It's moving to the top of my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bounced over from Elle's blog to say hi and congratulate you on your award. Welcome! I love making new blog friends. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your responses and thoughts! Your comments will appear after moderation (I’ve decided to enable moderation due to excessive spam).